Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stop Wasting Time!

     Have any of you ever been to a "pity party"?  Not only have I been to some, I've thrown a few myself.  We all have had our moments when we realize life just hasn't turned out the way we thought it was going to.  What a bummer feeling.  It seems as though all the failures seem to be saying, "I'm present and accounted for".  Those moments when we play the videos in our minds of all our successful friends and all they have accomplished.  We are happy for all of them, but their vids only add to the decorations for the pity party.  The feature film for the party is "All the Things I've Tried and Failed Miserably At" followed by the sequel "All My Great Ideas That Amounted to Nothing".  Now that is stuff that makes for a great pity party.
     If there is a big crowd that shows up for the party, it just heightens the storyline.  Now everyone can see what a failure I've been.  If no one shows, then we add to a future storyline, another sequel, part III, "No One Gives A Flip".  Let's all be honest, you've been there in your mind and emotions haven't you?
     Well, I just attended one.  It was my own.  There were only two of us that attended.  Me and God.  I didn't even invite Him, but He crashed the party.  He had a different idea about what was to take place than I.  I didn't want to be rude to Him so I began to play the featured films that were scheduled for the night.  I just knew He would put His arms around me and say, "I understand how you feel.  You've tried hard and I am proud of you for that."  No such pity.  He was the wrong person to show up to a pity party.
     Wanna hear what He had to say?  I thought you might.  He opened up a can of  spiritual whup- _ _ _ , and let me have it.  Keith, you're pathetic.  You are only 57 years old and you are acting like its all over.  You think you've blown it, you've missed your window of opportunity.  How stupid can you be.  Let me get Noah, Abraham and Moses on the line and let them share with you how old they were when I did the greatest work in their lives.  Its not what you accomplish that counts.  It is what you get started that outlives you.  Its those you help get on the right path that will still be journeying long after you receive your harp.  Its not about you and your accomplishments.  Its about Me and my kingdom.  I'm not done with you yet or you wouldn't be breathing.  You can not even imagine what I have ahead for you.  Then He said, "Remember this: I am just as passionate about you serving me today as I was when you were a 17 year old surrendering to preach.  I have as many exciting plans now as I did then!" 
     So much for the pity party.  One thing I learned from the party:  I'm too young to give up on my dreams and I am too old to waste any more time.  I bent over, took a swift kick in the butt, which was part of the can of "whup- _ _ _" and am looking forward to tomorrow.  Why don't you come along with me and JOIN THE JOURNEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment