Monday, March 28, 2011

Catch Me If You Can!

      This has been A fun journey the past two months.  Identifying all the different ways God shows us He loves us.  It is only when we understand that love that we will trust Him with our lives.  When we really believe that He wants more for us that we ever have wanted for ourselves.  When we know that He is more committed to our good than we are ourselves, we can start to live for Him.  When I was a child, I would rather my mother kiss my "boo-boo" than put a bandage on it.  There is something about love that heals our wounds, soothes our hurts and turns fear into courage.  It is God's love that draws us to Him when we are fearful, hurting and broken.  I am convinced when we understand just how passionate God is about us,  it changes everything, but until then, we are reticent to yield our dreams, hopes, plans, our lives to Him.
      I often imagine in my mind what it would be like to hear a conversation between God and Jesus about me.  I can hear Jesus say, "That Keith, he is such a knucklehead.  I told him I would provide everything he needs if he will just trust me.  I don't understand why he keeps worrying!"  "Yeah, I know what you mean," God says.  "I have given him gifts, talents, abilities; if he would just use them in serving me and others, everything would fall right in place."  "Why do you think he is that way?"  "The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't know how much we love him and want good for him."  "Well, I guess we'll just have to keep showing him.  It will make sense to him some day."
      You know, it just may be that simple.  Why do you think He goes to such measures to prove His love for us.  It is because there is such freedom and power in that realization.  We are free to abandon ourselves to His plans for our lives, because we know how much He loves us.  We can face any challenge, any giant because we are secure in His love.  We can live a worry free life of faith and trust  because the One who is passionate about us has "promised" to take care of us.  We can attempt bold and big things because we know He loved us so much when He made us that He gave us the talents necessary to do great things for Him.  We can simply be ourselves, because it best serves Him and us to "just be me."
      That is why we have spent so much time making these "love stops" along the journey.  The best you, the most free you, the most useful you and the most unstoppable you comes when you realize how much God loves you.  Who has He put in your life that makes it better? That's His love.  What experiences have you had that has made life more rewarding?  That's His love.  What successes have you had? That's His love.  What failures have you grown from?  That's His love.  Those times you have been used to help a hurting friend, lift up a fallen brother, encourage a struggling traveler!  That's His love.  Everything we have experienced on the journey that adds quality to our lives are all signs of His love.
      I  love to chase the little kids at church.  Off they run, laughing the whole way.  Its as though they are saying, "catch me, if you can!"  They love it when I catch 'em, hug 'em, tickle 'em and just love on 'em.  They are so fast, sometimes they have to let me catch them and they do.
      Let me make a suggestion.  LET GOD CATCH YOU!!!  He just wants to love on you.  When you allow His love to engulf you, you will be taking the first step on the most incredible journey you ever imagined.  Come on!  JOIN THE JOURNEY.

2 comments:

  1. Keith, it's so great to find your blog. I can hear in your written voice the heart I've known in you ever since we met, though we've not seen each other in over 30 years. You're an authentic follower of Jesus, and surely you are blessed.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, Thanks for the kind words. It was fun having our dialogue on FB earlier. Likewise, I know you to be a brother that I could call on in a time of need. Your respect for others and commitment to God show in your blog and posts. Good to have you back as a friend.

    ReplyDelete